Freehairbows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello I'm new

2 posters

Go down

hello I'm new Empty hello I'm new

Post  pajama_mama5 Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Well I'm new and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Shawna I'm a single mom of 4 kids 3 girls and 1 boy which is why I started making our hairbows. I now have to duplicate them all for my kids friends once they see them. I don't sell but the kids I make for couldn't afford to have bows of their own otherwise. My tweens are now figuring out how to make bows(actually they just learned ribbon flowers) for themselves so they can sell at our yardsales next summer. I'm not particularly crafty but mine come out looking descent lol. I make 3 sizes since my kids age from 11months to 12 years and am constantly experimenting with new fabrics and styles. Hmmm I hate walmart ribbon it always seems to run so I buy most off etsy I don't seem to buy enough to not get charged excessively in shipping otherwise. We also play with feathers otherwise we're a active family lol participate in lots of sports and have little time. Hope to get to know you guys better Shawna

pajama_mama5

Back to top Go down

hello I'm new Empty Re: hello I'm new

Post  Lacy Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Welcome, Shawna! Be careful, this bow making stuff can get addictive. Wink

Lacy

Back to top Go down

Post  pajama_mama5 Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 am

Lacy wrote:Welcome, Shawna! Be careful, this bow making stuff can get addictive. Wink
oh yes it is very addicting we've been buying a couple of yards of ribbon every week and everyone watches the mail they know I order on tuesdays and their surprise will be here on saturday Smile Then it's a free for all on what to make! I love my girls but they have no patience and it doesn't help that there are so much cute ribbon out there we have a blast looking at it all but feel like we have to buy it all too haha. We are now making bows to donate to the headstart for christmas our house is crazy but it works. I'll find myself just sitting there working the ribbon into different twists to see what happens if we like we sew it up...

pajama_mama5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum